In esports, being a skilled player is no longer enough to stand out. With the rise of streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube, content creation has become crucial to a player’s success. As an esports team owner, players skilled at gaming and content creation have a significant advantage over those without.
The benefits of being a content creator and esports player are vast and can lead to tremendous success for both the player and the organization. Here are some key objectives and statistics to support this claim:
- Building a following: By creating and sharing content, players can build a loyal following of fans who are invested in their journey. Twitch alone has over 140 million unique monthly viewers, while YouTube has over 2 billion monthly active users. Players can expand their reach and increase their value to the team by tapping into these audiences.
- Promoting personal brand: By creating content, players can showcase their personality, skills, and interests outside of gaming. This not only helps to build a personal brand but can also attract potential sponsors who are interested in partnering with players who have unique and relatable personalities.
- Increased sponsorship opportunities: Players and organizations can attract more sponsorship opportunities with a solid social media presence and following. The esports industry is projected to generate $1.1 billion in revenue by 2023, with a large portion coming from sponsorships and advertising.
The benefits of content creation go beyond just attracting sponsorship opportunities. Individuals can create a more well-rounded career by being content creators and esports players. Here are some additional reasons why being a content creator and esports player is better than being just an esports player:
- Increased job security: Esports players are often subject to the ups and downs of the industry. By being skilled content creators, players can create an additional revenue stream and increase their job security.
- Diversification of skills: By being a content creators, players can develop skills such as video editing, social media management, and public speaking. These skills can be valuable in other areas of their lives and careers.
- Connection with fans: By being content creators, players can create a stronger relationship with their fans. This can lead to increased loyalty and engagement and a deeper understanding of their audience.
Ultimately, being a content creator and esports player is crucial in today’s industry. Players who create content and engage with fans will have a significant advantage over those who cannot. As VengaDragon says, “Players who can do both [game and create content] are going to be the most valuable players for any team moving forward.” By recognizing the importance of content creation and encouraging players to develop their skills in this area, esports teams can build a stronger brand and attract more sponsorship opportunities, while players can create a more well-rounded and fulfilling career.